This session will present plans, technologies, approaches and successful case studies for economic and climate resilience including emergency responses and solutions post-conflict and post-disaster. The session will also answer why building for climate resilience is cost-effective in the long term and will showcase successful combined adaptation-mitigation projects in SIDS.
Potential topics in this session could include:
- Developing country perspectives on planning and financing in FCAS and SIDS context
- Non-traditional donor financing experience, including emergency financing
- Case studies for distributed and off-grid clean energy technologies and applications to address climate change impacts
- Case studies in clean technology responses for post-tsunami, post-typhoon and post conflict recovery situations
- Case studies in implementing adaptation elements into mitigation projects