This session will explore options and innovations in financing for climate resilience and adaptation, including leveraging private sector investments. Presentations will highlight efforts to improve financial inclusion for energy access and resilience through financial intermediaries, microfinance institutions, and other modalities such as regional project financing to achieve economies of scale. The session will also include examples of gender-sensitive enabling regulatory frameworks to enable scale up of investments in clean energy and climate change adaptation technologies to improve recovery and productivity, create jobs, and enhance livelihoods for poor FCAS and SIDS families, and especially for women.
Potential topics in this session could include:
- Microfinance in the 21st century: crowdsourcing, mobile money, and other innovations
- Blended finance solutions
- Private sector investment at the bottom of the pyramid
- Weather-index insurance and other innovative instruments
- Financing for nature-based defenses