ACEF 2018 Speaker
Vice-President (Private Sector and Cofinancing Operations),
Asian Development Bank
Diwakar Gupta is the Asian Development Bank's (ADB) Vice-President for Private Sector and Cofinancing Operations. He assumed office in August 2015.
Mr. Gupta oversees ADB's assistance to private sector projects with a clear development impact but limited access to capital. He is also responsible for building and maintaining cofinancing partnerships with various organizations and financial institutions. Under ADB's long-term Strategy 2020 framework, ADB is scaling up its support in these two areas of activities.
Mr. Gupta was Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer of the State Bank of India, where he was responsible for setting strategies and direction alongside other members of the State Bank’s Central Management Committee. He joined the State Bank of India in 1974 and held several positions at its various units and subsidiaries.
Mr. Gupta also worked as Independent Director on the boards of various business councils, financial services companies and other private organizations in India.
He holds a Master of Science degree in Physics from the University of Delhi, and a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics (with Honors) from St. Stephen’s College in Delhi.
- Aug 2015-Present: Vice-President (Private Sector and Cofinancing Operations) of the Asian Development Bank
- 2013-2015: Senior Advisor (Banking Project), Aditya Birla Nuvo Ltd., Mumbai
- 2011-2013: Managing Director & Chief Financial Officer, State Bank of India, Mumbai
- 2010-2011: Deputy Managing Director (National and Rural Banking), State Bank of India, Mumbai
- 2008-2009: Chief Executive Officer, SBI Card & Payment Services (P) Ltdl, Gurgaon (a joint venture with GE)
- 2006-2008: Chief General Manager, State Bank of Patiala, Patiala
- 2003-2006: General Manager/Chief General Manager, Mumbai Circle, State Bank of India, Local Head Office, Mumbai
- April 2003-Nov 2003: General Manager (HR & Change Management), State Bank of India, Corporate Centre, Mumbai
- 1998-2003: Deputy General Manager, Corporate Accts Group Br, Chennai
Assistant General Manager, Leasing SBU, Mumbai
- 1995-1997: Asst. General Manager (Systems), State Bank of India, Paris
- 1993-1995: Asst. General Manager (Credit & Operations), State Bank of India, Paris
M.Sc. in Physics, University of Delhi, Delhi
B.Sc. (Honors) in Physics, St. Stephen College, Delhi
- Knowledge Dim Sum with Clean Energy Entrepreneurs