ACEF Speaker 2021
Dr. Thang Nam Do
Australian National University
Dr. Thang Nam Do is a research fellow at the Grand Challenge Program Zero Carbon Energy for Asia Pacific at The Australian National University (ANU).
His current research projects include:
- Drivers and barriers to Vietnam’s solar PV and offshore wind power
- Vietnam’s success in solar and wind energy: Policy implications for ASEAN member states
- ASEAN cross-border electricity trade
- Carbon pricing options for Vietnam and ASEAN
- Solar, wind, and energy storage potential in Greater Mekong Sub-region.
Before joining the ANU, he worked with the Vietnam Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment as Deputy Director General of International Cooperation, Deputy Director of Environmental Science, and Global Environment Facility (GEF)’s Operational Focal Point. He was also Chair of ASEAN Working Group on Climate Change, and national focal point of ASEAN Working Group on Environmentally Sustainable Cities, and Water Environment Partnership for Asia.
- Session 1.3 Deep Dives at the City, National, and Regional Levels