ACEF Speaker 2021
Managing Director and CEO,
Dalmia Cement (Bharat) Limited
Mr Mahendra Singhi is an Affable and cheerful person. He is one of the five global Climate Defenders recognized by BBC World. Mr Singhi is Managing Director and CEO of Dalmia Cement, a prominent cement manufacturing group in India ranked no.1 globally by CDP on Low Carbon Economy Transition and appreciated by the UN Secretary-General on climate innovation. Dalmia Cement has already committed in 2018 to become carbon negative company by 2040. Dalmia Cement follows the business philosophy of Clean and Green is profitable and sustainable & is having one of the lowest carbon footprints in cement globally. Dalmia is one of the sustainably growing cement company with 30 million Tonnes capacity.
In the past, he headed Shree Cement Ltd. For 20 years which was adjudged as New Sustainability Champion by WEF during his tenure at Shree in 2012. He has represented the business and cement sector globally in the most recognized multi-country platforms such as the UN Climate Ambition Summit 12th Dec. 2020, Climate Action Summit of UN General Assembly on 23rd Sept. 2019 on the invitation of UN Secretary-General; Paris Climate Agreement Ceremony on invitation from Ex. UN Secretary-General, Mr Ban ki-Moon; Global Climate Action in COP-24 on the invitation of UNFCCC Executive Secretary, Ms Patricia Espinosa; High-Level Govt.-Business dialogues invited by French Presidency. Mr Singhi has more than 40 years of work experience in the cement sector.
- COP 26 Business Leader
- Chairman - National Council for Cement and Building Materials (NCCBM) India
- Commissioner, Energy Transitions Commission (ETC), London, U.K.
- Commissioner, High-Level Commission on Carbon Pricing and Competitiveness, World Bank Group, U.S
- Director, Global Cement and Concrete Association (GCCA), London. The U.K.
- Director, World Cement Association (WCA), London
- Chair, Global Cement and Concrete Association (GCCA), India
- Member, Alliance of CEO Climate Leaders, World Economic Forum
- Co-Chair, TERI Council for Business Sustainability (TERI-CBS), India
- Immediate past President of Cement Manufacturing Association (CMA) India
- Member, Climate Change Council in Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), India
Academic Qualification – Science & Law Graduate & Chartered Accountant (21st Rank)
- Industrial Decarbonization: Innovation in Financing and Market-Building (UK Government, UNIDO, World Bank ESMAP)